You have no idea I'm writing this. In fact, it's entirely possible you'll never read it unless I purposefully send you to this blog entry. We have been together nearly 1 3/4 years, and god knows we have had some turbulent times when I didn't think we could or would make it. We are working so hard on our relationship because we love each other and we want to make it. I try to make a point of telling you the things I appreciate about you, and here are some things that I am incredibly grateful for that you deserve to hear. I probably couldn't say them aloud without my voice breaking.
1. When I make something for you to eat, be it a can of soup or a stew I worked on for hours, you never fail to earnestly thank me for it.
2. Every single day you are at work you call me to hear my voice, even just for a minute.
3. You love my birdies and are good to them.
4. Nearly every day you tell me that I am beautiful, even if I just woke up and I know perfectly well my hair is sticking out in all directions.
5. After we lost our first baby and I was devastated, I was angry at everything. Even when I was irrationally furious with you for having a healthy child when I did not, you didn't get mad at me. You held me.
6. You pour me a cup of coffee every morning even though I am perfectly capable of doing it myself.
7. When you taste something delicious, your first reaction is to share it with me.
8. You tell me your dreams when you wake up, and you listen to mine.
9. Sometimes you fall asleep holding my hand.
10. You never make me feel bad for the seemingly endless things I feel unable to do at the moment. Instead, you reassure me and walk around all the things left undone. This is a constant source of relief.
- end of sap -