September 11, 2008

Funny conversation #10

[Conversation via Facebook status update and subsequent comments.]

S's status update: "S. is wondering if anyone ever determined who it was that let the dogs out, and, if so, whether the culpable parties were punished appropriately."

A's comment: What *is* the appropriate punishment for letting the dogs out, anyway? Could it ever be enough? Would punishing the culpable party or parties even be able to begin making reparations to society?

S's comment: At this point everyone is just so exhausted from the search for the missing dogs and those responsible their unwanted liberation, as well as weary from the countless investigative dead-ends that have caused so many worried and sleepless nights, that the punitive aspect would take a backseat to the overwhelming collective sense of relief that can come only from the resolution of what can only be called the greatest mystery of our time. Indeed I would venture to guess that even the guilty parties themselves would feel a sense of unburdening second only to Sisyphus, were the true identities finally unearthed. I, for one, will always remember where I was when I heard that the dogs had been let out, and, not to put too fine a point on it, my life has ne'er been the same since.

A's comment: Okay.

Say I'm the only bee in your bonnet...

1 comment:

I'm just me... said...

I really don't want to be a tattletale, but I think it was Amie. Sorry.