December 29, 2008

Bits of recent conversations

C (age 15): You mean you want to have sex?

A: Sure. Of course.

C: Ewwww.

A: Why is that "ewww"!?

C: Because you're old. You're too old.

A: How old is too old? What's the cut-off?

C: How old are you again?

A: I'm not telling. How old is too old?

C: 30 is the cut-off. And you're 31. You're practically ancient.

* * * * *

A: How long did it take you to get over a broken heart?

J (co-worker): A long time. 2-3 years.

A: Oh, my God. It's already been forever, I don't think I can take it anymore.

J: Well, that makes sense. It's really traumatic. You became so intertwined with another person that, when they were gone, there was this hole left. You remember the person you were before them. You remember the person you were with them. You remember the plans that you made, the memories you created. And you have to make all new ones after they're gone.

* * * * *

M: I don't know what it is about you, but I can't stop thinking about you. Are you sure we haven't met before? Because I really feel like I've known you for a long time.

A: No. We've never met before. I'm pretty sure.

M: Let's have dinner tomorrow. Or a drink. Or an ice cream cone. Or whatever you want. I just want to hang out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here is a funny old story for you.

The other night at Arryns basketball game his girlfriend was there (yes he has a girlfriend :()

Anyway, I was watching them talk to each other and tease each other. She walked over to me and said "Hi Mrs. T" I sat there with my friend Lisa who just turned 34 (and is having a hard time getting "old as well) and said "You know I remember me and my first boyfriend making googly eyes at each other at a Jerry West basketball game." I thought "this is it, I now feel really old." :(