November 2, 2007

Restless

Today I feel like a tiger pacing in a cage. I need to get OUT!

I started by thinking small. Making some plans for here in the city. I decided that tomorrow I would go across town to the Ferry Building to the amazing city farmer's market to get some stuff. I don't know what yet. And then I'll figure out what to make with it all. Maybe I'll do some kind of pie--I've been wanting to do that awhile.

That sounds good, but it's not enough.

Then I started thinking about a weekend trip. One that involves driving. I've wanted to go to Portland for seemingly forever. So I emailed a couple of local friends to see if they had any interest in going one weekend soon. The rental car's on me! I just need a traveling companion/traveling companions! [Fingers crossed]

I still want them to say yes, and if they do I'll plan it so fast it'll make their head spin. But it's not enough.

I have a friend going to Barcelona soon, and though he'll be doing work/school-related stuff most of the time, he was wondering how to spend the rest of his time. In my desire to live vicariously through him, I bought him a Lonely Planet: Barcelona guide to get him started. (I haven't sent it yet, so hopefully I'm not ruining the surprise by writing it here.)

Yeah, that's definitely not enough.

My conference submission for Portugal is due soon, and I plan to go there. But late Spring seems so far away. Not enough.

I'm back to my pricing of apartments in other cities and countries, and there's no one around to say it's a stupid idea.

But just looking and dreaming is not enough.

When will it be enough?

No comments: