March 21, 2008

A great day

On Wednesday, my Uncle Joe came to visit. He was only here for a brief time, but we had a great day. Joe is a photographer, and he owns D-Max Photography in my hometown. We went all over San Francisco taking pictures. He's posted a couple he took on his blog, and promises more in the days to come.

I don't need much of an excuse to take pictures, but it was fun to have someone who loves to do it even more than I do and who doesn't roll his eyes every time I get my camera out.

I love having people come to visit--it so rarely happens!--especially when they're so much fun. I promise a story or two about Joe in the near future. For now I am going to bed and will leave you with a picture he took at Baker Beach.

We lucked onto a guy who was hopping around all over the rocks in his jeans with no shirt on. From a distance Joe took a few shots of him hopping around with the Golden Gate Bridge in the background. The guy disappeared behind the rocks for awhile, and we didn't think he was coming back out. Joe said, "Man, I wish I could get that guy to pose naked, but I don't want to be the one to ask him to take his clothes off." (He was concerned, you see, because we were at the notoriously gay and nude section of the beach.) I offered to ask the guy for him; he certainly seemed like he would agree from what I could tell.

Eventually he climbed back up on top of the rocks, and Joe motioned for him to take his pants off. He laughed and made a big show of stripping. This was the end result:

Taken by Joe McNemar of D-Max Photography

(Sadly, I couldn't make it any bigger without cutting out part of the picture, but you should be able to click on the photo and be taken to my Flickr account to see the bigger version. Be sure to click on "All Sizes" above the photo and select "large" to see the, um, details.)

We were fairly impressed!

No comments: