March 5, 2008

Bits of news

My lameness at reporting events on myself is overwhelming. I do, however, have a couple bits of interesting news to share.

First, my friends Dave and Lynn made the NY Times.

Lynn and Dave

Adventure in Tikiland

The both say they were misquoted, but their alleged words were so brilliant that I would totally claim them. I am also envious because this is much, much more interesting than my piddly SF Chronicle appearance.

Second, perhaps it's a good thing Nannette and I got out of Punta Cana without getting sick, as a flight from Punta Cana had to make an emergency landing because of ill passengers.

punta cana flight

What I presume were gastrointestinal symptoms would be horrible on a plane. I'm thinking they had too much "sangria especial." That stuff was lethal.

For now I'm off to see Stephen Malkmus.

inside-malkmus

No comments: