January 28, 2008

My potholders are out of control.

I've noticed a strange habit in recent months when I'm cooking. I keep leaving my potholders in random locations that surprise me later on. This happens because I'm highly distractable and often get side-tracked while I am cooking. I might check on something in the oven, run to answer the phone or door or check my email or whatever, and then deposit the potholder in my hand wherever I happen to be. I only have two of them (and they're both eggplant purple), but I'll find them on my bookshelves, on the bathroom sink, in the office on the desk. Once I was turning over in bed at night and encountered something strange under the covers. I felt around in the dark only to discover a potholder in bed with me.

Random quote that I appreciated for the day:

Tina Fey said that the word 'lovers' "really bums me out unless it's between the words 'meat' and 'pizza.'"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I leave mine all over the place, but never have I found one under my covers?

mdh said...

Those S3Xii ass potholders gone LOCO!

Toad's Lair said...

Don't forget 'sexy.' Purple potholders = sexy potholders.

Toad's Lair said...

Wait. Sexy was already covered. Oh, nevermind.