March 9, 2009

Rediscovering the pleasures of "Exile in Guyville"

I only ask because I'm a real cunt in spring
You can rent me by the hour


(From "Dance of the Seven Veils")


I don't know if I could drive a car
Fast enough to get to where you are
or wild enough not to miss the boat completely
Honey, I'm thinking maybe
You know just maybe

I don't know if I could fly a plane
Well enough to tail spin out your name
Or high enough to lose control completely
Honey, I'm thinking maybe
You know just maybe, maybe


(From "Shatter")


And the license said
You had to stick around until I was dead
But if you're tired of looking at my face I guess I already am
But you've never been a waste of my time
It's never been a drag


(From "Divorce Song")


I think I've been taken
For everything I own
I've been hurt so badly
I'm alone, baby, I'm alone


(From "Johnny Sunshine")


It took an hour, maybe a day
But once I really listened, the noise
Just went away


(From "Stratford-on-Guy")

No comments: