July 18, 2008

Conversation

A: You seem so stable and so together. I, on the other hand, have this swirling mass of chaos inside my head.

J.T.: [laughs] You act like your whole life is chaos, and it's not. You've got things pretty together. The chaos is inside your head.

A: I know! It's always been like that! I worry that you won't understand that or you won't want to be around it.

J.T.: I wouldn't be here if I didn't want to be around it. Maybe some of my stability will rub off on you and help balance you out.

A: Maybe some of my chaos will rub off on you.

J.T.: I don't think so. I'm not so easily swayed. But I'm not afraid. And I'm not running away.

1 comment:

Bree said...

*Everybody's* got the chaos in their heads. Just remember that you're not the only one, and you're not a freak, and, best of all, you'll get to be there for him when he's feeling it, too, which is a beautiful thing. This is to say that it shouldn't be a foregone conclusion that the playing field of sanity is so tipped in his favor.