July 24, 2008

With my mind on my money and...

I wrote this on Tuesday, but was significantly delayed and distracted from posting it here...

I got me a job! I got a job! I got a fucking job! (It was starting to get a little stressful.) I GOT A JOB! I've only interviewed for one so far, but that's the one I got. It's with Sociometrics in Los Altos. They ended up offering more money than I actually thought they were going to. I haven't accepted their offer yet--I've just begun the negotiation process--but I will most likely be taking it. It's 35 miles south of San Francisco so....(drumroll, please)....I will have to buy a car! (No more Muni stories! No more Alan the foot fetish guy! I will not be masturbated on, either!)

Okay, wait. My head is spinning. I. Got. A. Job.

Ohjesusfuck...I'm like a grown up now. I'll have a 401K. How terrifying.

Now I won't have to be a hooker out of necessity. I can just do it for fun.

I didn't actually think I'd get this job. There are only 14 people in the company and when I read their credentials they're all from Harvard and Stanford and Brown and Johns Hopkins. I don't care who you are...this is a little intimidating.

I got a job. Okay.

1 comment:

? said...

YEA! I just wish it was closer...now since you will be rolling in the dough, I could use a couple bucks...