May 19, 2008

Recuperation

I've spent today just holing up a bit and keeping to myself. I've been with people nearly nonstop the past three days and, although I'm much, much more social than I used to be, I forget just how much it can tax my reserves. It's funny that I feel a little lonely, though.

It was a really nice weekend overall. Lots of friends in the same place at the same time on multiple occasions. Scott's father took all of us out to dinner Sunday evening and, before we all parted, he went around and shook our (Scott's friends') hands and told us that, now that he'd met us, he could understand why Scott liked it here. I found that really touching.

After spending a fair amount of time cooking and helping with cooking this weekend, I find that I've been thinking about cooking and food more than usual. I am constantly reminded just how much food brings people together. I really enjoy cooking for people; I feel like it is a good way for me to show friends and other loved ones that I care about them.

Speaking of cooking, I have some recipes I'm aspiring to try in the near future:

1. Fresh corn, tomato, and basil salad with champagne vinaigrette
2. Calzones (not sure what all I want to put inside yet, but definitely cheese)
3. Roasted figs with goat cheese and serrano ham and drizzled with honey

I'm trying to write this evening. All I really want to do is make postcard secrets, though. And maybe finger-paint.

No comments: