April 1, 2009

I wish that I was...

When I was about 5 years old, I was in love (as in love as it is possible for a 5 year old to be...especially since it was pretty one-sided) with Rick Springfield. The song "Jesse's Girl" was very popular at that time, and I would rock furiously on my rocking horse while listening to it on my little blue and white record player, only stopping long enough to place the needle back at the beginning of the 45' that I so cherished.

I would imagine what it was like to be Jesse's girl. In my head, she would be one of the girls with white teeth and shiny, billowing hair like the ones in the shampoo commercials. Her laugh came easily, and the sunlight glinted off of her natural highlights. I would rock on my horse and toss my hair casually the way I imagined Jesse's girl might, knowing that she was coveted and revered and envied.

I need some of that shampoo. I also seem to have had a strange fascination with girls in shampoo commercials most of my life. See here and here.

No comments: